LA Clippers Vs Boston Celtics NBA Trivia
During the regular season, the LA Clippers have played a total of 135 games against the Boston Celtics. Of those, the Celtics managed to secure 91 victories and the Clippers 44.
Below is some entertaining NBA trivia about the teams about to go head-to-head once more on Dec. 30.
Did You Know?
- There lapsed a considerable amount of time between the Celtics’ 16th and 17th NBA championship titles. How long did it take for Boston to win their 17thh title after their 16th?
All of 22 years. The Celtics won their 16th title in 1986, and their 17th title only in 2008 when they pipped the Atlanta Hawks, the LA Lakers, and the Cleveland Cavaliers to the post.
- Celtics coach Red Auerbach had a quaint habit whenever he anticipated a win for his team. What did he do?
He smoked a cigar. This habit became for many a fan the ultimate symbol of victory.
- Which Celtics player won a cool 5 NBA Most Valuable Player awards?
Bill Russell. He formed a crucial piece of the Celtics dynasty that won a remarkable eleven NBA championships over the course of his illustrious 13-year career.
- The Celtics recently lost 114-111 to the Clippers. Where was that particular game played, and when?
The Celtics lost 114-111 to the Clippers on Dec. 8, 2021. The game was played at the Staples Center.
LA Clippers NBA trivia
During the Dec. 8 game between the Clippers and the Celtics, who dropped a last-minute 3-pointer for the Clippers?
Marcus Morris Sr. Morris dropped a stellar 3-pointer with only 45 seconds remaining of the game.
- What is the fewest number of points the LA Clippers have ever allowed an opposing side to rack up during the second half of a clash?
16 points. During their March 1, 2006 game against the New Orleans Hornets, the Clippers held their opponents to a league record-low 16 points in the second half. They won that particular game 89-67.
- How many games have the LA Clippers played against the Boston Celtics in the Playoffs?
The Clippers and the Celtics have met a total of 12 times in the Playoffs. Of those 12 games, the Clippers won 8.
- Who was the first Clipper ever to win Sixth Man of the Year?
Jamal Crawford. This was in 2013-14 when Crawford led all NBA reserves in terms of scoring with an average of 18.6 points per game.