The Direct Bank Transfer
There are many ways to transfer money into your online sportsbook account so that you can start enjoying real money online betting action.
Direct Bank Transfers offer you a simple and safe way to make your payments to an online sportsbook, and they are easy to complete too. This type of deposit usually takes the longest time to clear, but offers you the most secure and trusted way to manage your deposits.
Methods Of Direct Bank Transfer
Just as a Direct Bank Transfer is only one of many ways you can make deposit into your online sportsbook account, there are also more than one way to make these direct bank transfers.
- Online Bank Transfers – For online transfers you will need to have registered for Internet banking. Once you do, you will be able to use your computer or Smartphone to make transfers. This is the safest, simplest way to make direct transfers and it also gives you much more control.
- In Branch Transfers –If you have the amount you want to transfer in cash, then going into the bank to make the transfer is your simplest option.
- Telephonic Transfers – Many banks offer you telephonic banking, more often than not this service is automated and can be quite a hassle. Rather opt for in branch transfers or ideally online banking.
Required Transfer Details
It makes sense that there are many checks and balances when you wish to transfer money to another person or business, especially if that money is being transferred internationally.
Gather as much information as is possible when you sign up to one of our recommended sportsbooks so that you don’t get stuck with undue delays later.
- The date the payment is required.
- The online sportsbook name or the account name that they bank under.
- The 6 digit sort code or the BIC code, or the SWIFT code. This can also be known as the IBN number. You need these codes for your account as well.
- You will need the 8 digit account number of the sportsbook.
- A payment reference, this will be your name, customer code or your betting profile name.
- The address of the online betting site you are making the payment to.
The time it takes money to be sent and processed can vary greatly from bank to bank and sportsbook to sportsbook. Processing on the sportsbooks side is usually guaranteed to be within 24 hours, but the bank transfer can take anywhere between 1 and 5 working days to complete.
These timelines are usually to ensure your safety as well as the online sportsbooks safety. Some banks allow faster payment options when you are using online banking. There are BACS and CHAPS payment options at many banks, which will be processed in 1 to 3 working days.
Things To Be Aware Of
Direct Bank Transfers are a great way to make your online sportsbook payments but there are a few things you need to keep in the back of your mind.
- Always double check the account numbers and banking info that you supply, including the amounts you wish to transfer.
- Always make sure that you have enough funds in your account. Many banks charge you additional fees for an overdrawn account.
Remember that fees will be charged for international transfers, no matter where you bank.